Thread: 16.8 volts
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
well, just to put this out here, some note's i've found
the pcb only can take 8.4v maximum. if one tries to run more through, the pcb will fry. with both the v2.2 or the other turbo boards, one is allowed to run that same high voltage through, but the pcb doesn't fry because the turbo board or v2.2 regulates the power to the main pcb
they ususally go from 4.8v to 7.2v going from the turbo/v2.2 to the pcb
the motor gets to take advantage of the full brunt of the input power because the board runs it off of the high input voltage while the pcb only gives signals and recieves the voltage that it needs from the turbo/v2.2.

we aren't arguing, we're just presenting facts and information, and this could be useful to others who might want to know this stuff so they can selsct the board that best suits their application
That's pretty much spot on. I know why the power supply goes to the nelly (which is basically just stacking your mosfets) Power goes into the fet then back out the fet to the board filtering the current. when you put a nelly on you are doing the same thing power to the nelly then back down to the fet output contacts. You could actually eliminate the power supply being wired to the nelly but then the nelly would have to have twice as many wires (going to the fet input and output contacts on the board. Do you understand. Also just look up some info on B.E.C. boards (which is what the V2.2 is) It is good to know and understand the difference of what a Turbo (Nelly) does and a BEC (V2.2) does. Me likey discussiooooon

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901