View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

It's an ongoing debate. Common logic would suggest with the colder denser air charge that a richer fuel mix is needed. While the aftermarket one is better flowing, doesn't mean it's better for MPG. One could argue a warm air intake is better for MPG because it promotes a leaner fuel mixture AND atomizes the fuel better in the air charge.

It does not help a vehicle run smoother by any means. It simply flows better. But, realize this, it only helps at wide open throttle. Any other time, the biggest restriction in your intake system is........ YOUR THROTTLE!

Which, controlling that thing yields far better MPG increases with absolutely no costs.

Have you fixed that Nissan yet?

Quote:
Forgot to mention, with that large truck, you may want to look into getting some subs and amps (I'm assuming you like bass, because with big rims, must come big bass). You can do what ever you want to your new truck, I'm just giving me personal/auto mechanic opinion.
Adding weight hurts fuel mileage.

Your not a car tech by any means.

Quote:
the stick on fender vents aren't that bad Buick's putting them on at the factory these days. I think its a nice rider better then any thing I drive. I'm mean it ain't no Subaru, but hey we can't all be super smart hippies.
That's because those are buicks. The stickers on everything else is silly. And, if they don't match the number of cylinders, than WTF.

Only time it's good if someone sectioned in real buick vender vents.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-03-2009 at 08:20 PM..