View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 AM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
You're not going to find a laptop that will last you 8 years unless you very rarely use it.

You need to buy a desktop, and with a desktop you get alot more for your money anyway. Getting a Vista compatible laptop for $250 isn't going to happen either, or Vista will just run horribly on it because Vista at the least needs 1gb of RAM to run properly.

My suggestion, go to Dell and apply for their credit line. If you get approved, which is HARD, you will be able to get a very nice computer for low payments a month.
DELLS SUCK A*S im sorry i hate dell... we'll start with them frieing all their USA employees and going to india and then we'll go t the fact that they are crap!! the quality is less than satisfactory and it comes with windows... blah... i do nt know but i would go with a nice good old used gate way

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
you're trying to sell me a pentium II... so searched it on ebay. sorry, but this one has quite a bit of what i want, too, you think i should try to get it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Dell-La...1%7C240%3A1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
woah. this one is great, right?
http://cgi.ebay.com/DELL-D600-P4-MOB...1%7C240%3A1309
am i finally being smart?
LIFE LESSON TIME... i got a beautiful brand new pentium 3 dell and it fried it self in one year leaving al my prescious files on its harddrive never to be retrived... my dads dell which is the second one you chose is a peice of sh*t... it can hardly run word and powerpoint!!!! DONT DO DELL... go with gate way if you want windows and if you dont want windows and you want cheap go with something from newegg.com and put linux on it... ASUS is a great company and so is gateway... dont do emachines either

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears