View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon View Post
Anyone that can afford to buy them, can't drive them.

I hear the same stories about Vettes, dummies dump 20k in them then blow the motor the first time they take them to the track. (this is from a friend who works at 21st century muscle cars). You can engineer the greatest car in the world, that doesn't mean Eddie Griffin won't slam it into a wall on turn three, or some yuppy with to much money won't turn off all computer regulations over the space age transmission and blow it up.
This is blowing transmissions using Nissan's launch control feature, to obtain it's uber advertised 3.4 0-60 in a stock car. Not dumping 20k of work and wrongfully driving the car. And that's a 20k transmission in the **** car!

Not to mention tuners have ran into similar problems when trying to make some power out of the car. A Z06 isn't blowing it's Tremec out the rear end to hit 60. Which is why I've stayed with the driver's car mantra, and not the computer's car.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere