Thread: My truck.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to Supressor

I moved them from the lower valence to the grill because I'm going to fiberglass the spots where they used to be in smooth to give it a better looking stance. And I do have a front bumper... the valence is missing.

EDIT: The exhaust tips stick out that far because thats the closest i could get them to being in. The dual exhaust kit i have is from a 2000 S10 modified for my truck, and the way the pipes come to the back, they are angled at about a 30 degree slant from horizontal, so if i cut the pipes back any farther my tips would aim downwards as well.I can give you a link to my youtube video of the exhaust if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Your exhaust sticks out WAY too far.

The paint job looks pretty good, but you honestly should have replaced the windshield before it was painted.

Have you decided on tires for it? If you're giving it a lift you're going to want some nice meaty tires. I also hope you do something about that front grille, looks weird with that nice fresh paint and then a dirty grille.
I have to wait 2 weeks at least before I can give the exterior a washing. I've wiped things down since the pictures, and the grill I'm going to paint black anyways. And as for the exhaust tips, that's trick photography. they only stick out I think it was 4, 5 inches tops. it looks like they are sticking out a good 8 in the pictures. The bonus of having them stick out like that is them tail gaters in the parking lots wont get so close, and if they do, tough crap they should learn what personal space is about.

Video of my exhaust. It is a lot deeper then that, but camera doesn't take the best of sound clips. I got a new one now, maybe i should try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi288zeifU4

My guide to lowering your xmods body

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6384
Leave a comment or suggestion :P

Last edited by Supressor; 10-05-2008 at 11:05 PM..