View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 04:58 PM
late model, xmods, microt

Trader Rating: (5)

Oops. I never updated my thread here.

well here are the updates:

Update::: :
I found some time to work on this beast.

today i have: got some more sandpaper, cut my beater body bumblebee(yes texan a camaro lol) for the hs-55(the different windshield heights and stuff made the hs-55 to high for bumblebee but just right for the saleen), worked on the tierod(doesn't look good, but i believe it is functional, tell you when the putty is dry enough for testing), cut the gearbox, painted some old bumblebee rims i made ridgeless for some better tires(will be my racing rims)painted flat black and drying now.

still to do before i can test the hs-55 : cut the servo horn for the tierod, and possible sand/file the tierod down a bit.

tierod, is pretty strong though, may look weird but it should work. Bumblebee and the servo gearbox are drying so they are wet.

thanks all comments welcome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well i didn't have time for an update in the last couple days. So here we go.

Update:

I haven't done anything the to chassis as of right now. Still the same as the last update..

I started to fill in the gas cap.

I am trying to even out the length of the fins on the rear bumper.Almost the same now.

I cut the lip of the front bumper. Unfortunatley it didn't cut so well. the top half fell of from the bottom half. And it ripped sopme putty off too. But it is looking better. Here it is along with a rough idea of what it is gonna look like.:

\

the hood and the roof look the same. I also have a surprise up my sleeve along with the possiblity of something else. But the first idea will happen. I hope. The second. Not yet at least.

All comments welcome.

----------------------------------------------------------

Update:

No pics.

Well the hood should be about done, besides sanding it with the 1500. the rear bumper is even and just fixing the imperfections, I noticed on the roof and the wing, the holes weren't filled in all the way. o well, it should be fixed, the front lip is looking cleaner.

Just thought i'd update you guys real fast.

As for the first secret= it is gonna be tough. and if i can get it right. Look for a tutorial.:::

all comments welcome:

------------------------------------

Well. It has been awhile. since school started it is gonna be even longer to get this done...

Update:

No pics yet. I figured out how to upload pictures with my program broken...

Rear bumper: Just about done, need to sand it, shoot some primer to make sure.

Wing, roof holes and gas cap: should be done. Need to primer to make sure.

Hood, sand it with the 1500, and primer

Front bumper: getting ready to attach the lip to the bumper and i still need some wire mesh(not ready for it yet though)

Surprise #1(Tutorial surprise one): well i got it to work, not like i hoped it would be good enough. So expect a tut when i finish this car. It will blow your mind.

I'd like to thank Darwinfish: for giving me some help, although his idea to get it work didn't work, it gave me the idea to mess around with a battery holder to find "power" or where to hook something up. Basically i got the first step done now i just to get some wire for cheap. I should have the right length around here somewhere.

thanks.

---------------------------------------------

Update:

Well i got my first secret too work(see if you can guess what it is/will be):

well it is a bad video, well one led poped out of place so it didn't work as well as it should have.

Well i have another secret, that i hope i can get some stuff ordered.

Body work:

Front lip is dremmeled down to were it needs to be and will get the finishing touches soon, the hood doesn't fit in the car that well, need to sand it down, roof needs work rear bumper is about done. I will get some pics up later.

thanks,
all comments welcome.
H-Crawler