View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid
Default Donziikid's Aviation:

Howdy,

As some of you may know I'm also into the flight RC scene with my father and brother. Sadly, I have yet to go flying at the field this season due to weather and a busy schedule, but we still do have quite a few working (and non-working ) planes in our basement and I have flown the helis in our basement.

Electric:

Piper Cub:
We bought this electric Piper Cub at a local swap meet a while back. Fortunatly it was for a very fair price and still unbuilt. Currently running a 15amp brushless ESC and brushless outrunner motor with a Twenty 20C 11.1V 2150mAh LiPo. The 20C discharge has proven to be too much as when I give full power the motor smokes; it's not supposed to do that, but it still runs perfectly. I believe I'm melting the enamle coating off of the pole windings.

Specs:
Brushless 10amp ESC with 20C LiPo. Xmods under front nose cone for comparison size.

Nitro/Gas:

Super Cub:
One of the latest nitros we've purchased is a 40-size (I think..) Super Cub from Horizon Hobby. The wing span is ninety-five (95") inches.. This beauty is a beast. Running a Saito 65 which can power her hefty weight nicely.

Piper Cub:
The first nitro plane we bought at a swap meet four years back. Running a Saito Twin with onboard glow for cruising speed. Pictures still to come.

Dorthy:
One of Horizon Hobby's ARF (almost ready to fly) kits. Running a Tiger 45. Takes off in about five feet.. Pictures still to come.

Helicopters:

E-Sky Robins 22:
Dual electric counter rotating blades. Pictures to come.

Comments welcome!

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."