View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to F-100CuStOmCaB
Default '58 Ford F-100CustomCab

This is my '58 Ford F-100. I just thought of maybe posting some pics of it right now. I'm in the process of striping it down completely so I can put some undercoating on my chassis.

By the way just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions towards any high quality undercoating. I want somthing that will last for many many years. Was thinking about "Rust Doctor" or "POR-15".

After putting undercoating on I will be done with the chassis then on to body work which will be much worse. The front body mounts arn't even holding the body up all bondo. Surprised the back ones are still holding it up.

The motor is all rebuilt not original though, the believed original had a hairline crack in it. The rebuilt is a 1954 239cid V8 bored over .040. The motor originally came out of a 1954 Ford Crestliner. The original was a 272 V8. We thought that this 239 was a 292 V8. My transmission is all rebuilt, chassis has all round new brakes, pads, cylinders, lines, master cylinder. The rear springs were fixed need to do the front ones yet. Have new rear shocks need front ones. I bought new plug wires, distributer cap, rotor, need new plugs old ones were burning a lot of oil LOL thats why I rebuilt the motor. Lets just say about $3,500 and still doesn't look much different as of right now.

these are from when I first got it.

older pic but pretty much what it looked like just this last weekend.

pic of the motor from when I got the truck

pic of the motor when I got the truck going (be4 rebuild)

pics of the 239cid V8 after rebuild ready to go in my truck.

and a few pics of what I've done since Sunday.

Will get more pics soon

New to me, then used by me, now NEW again, Weird!!