Old 09-15-2005, 06:35 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredo
thanks!

im just takin it in to the shop to have the cat convertor
removed for serious sound and some horsies. Once i
get the magnaflow muffler it will sound narley!!
what year is it, 1996 and later cars and trucks have a post catalyst monitoring O2 sensor, or two, one for each bank and cat. If you just remove the catalytic converter you will have a p1420 which means catalyst low efficiency. however later model converters are not as restrictive that they used to be in the old days, I doubt it will even make a notable difference in power. Also not to mention that the tail pipe emission with out it are bad for the environment. Keep in mind that I'm in the US and all cars after 1996 (OBD2) have this monitoring system.

Also if you plan on this being your daily driver I would take it easy on what your doing to it. For example 33" mudders will be super noisy on the highway and you speedo will be off, the exhaust you want will make a horrible hum at highway speeds too.

This is just something you consider before you mess up a perfectly good truck. Also stay away from car alarms and remote starts they can be very problem medic and most of the guys that install them at the audio place are hacks