View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXmodifyer View Post
That "V6 or smaller is a tuner" rule is bull****. Take in example a 68 corvette, v6. A 69 Camaro, V6. 65 Catalina, V6. 69 Coronet, V4! 65 Nova, I4!

Long story short, I think this rule should be removed. We all know the difference between a Muscle car and a tuner here.
I would like to address this issue, so that it doesn't come up again. Bondo was willing to donate back a percentage of the money he won, per competition guidlines he gets to pick the category and state the stipulations. If you want to throw in 50 bucks of your own money, by all means, next month you can do a 4 cylinder or less competition.

As far as your point on cars, all of those cars save the catalina( I am not sure of) have 8 cylinder counterparts. They may not be that particular trim or year, but the bodystyle did have an eight cylinder variant--therefore they would qualify. The rule in itself was to keep FWD 4 cylinder domestics out of the competition. No VR4 dodge stealths or cavaliers. I am sure that if you even wanted to build a drag spec imitation gremlin or pacer Bondo would more than likely allow it in the competion-although these are subcompacts of their era, the v8 swap is very common place-especially for drag purposes.

Try not to over analyze the rules, if you don't like the stipulations set you are not required to compete; wait until the next competition. If you have an entry you are not sure of, send it to a mod and it will be looked over. The point is to have fun.

Last edited by Surgeon; 06-25-2008 at 12:33 PM..