View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to AeroSynch Send a message via MSN to AeroSynch Send a message via Yahoo to AeroSynch

Well, if you take one a jump it off everything of course it ain't going to last. They are for trailing, and some mild crawling. But if what he wants is to jump, which I think he does, then I recommend the new Traxxas Slash. Only $180, and it is RTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
But he asked for cheap and reliable, a Tamiya HighLift is far from either one of those (in my experience).

The Traxxas Stampede ($179.99) is a two-wheel-drive (rear wheels) monster truck. This has been my most reliable and durable truck I have ever owned and haven't had anything go wrong to date. Replacement parts and hop ups are very inexpensive, but you probably won't need to get into those unless you want too. The only thing else you would need to purchase is a battery; these trucks run off of a six cell (7.2V) NiMH or NiCD battery. You could start off with a cheap battery, but you won't be very pleased; bite the bullet and buy the more expensive battery and charger so you can add to your arsenal.

There is also a forum dedicated to Traxxas vehicles. Monster.Traxxas.com More specifically, the Electric Stampede Section.