View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by color0 View Post
Jshwaa played with brushless but an electrical fire due to outside causes scrapped his work. So I don't think he ever put a BL Xmod on the ground.
Viperdout, however, got his Mamba Xmod running, and melted spur gears along the way. I clearly remember sending him my 2nd-to-last Gen 1 spur, lol...
Cowboy's Goat was technically a side project. Cool though, I too wish he hadn't taken it apart.
Brickmodder, not a GSR member but had one of the first BL Xmods. He designed and made his own PCB to convert Xmod signals to a BL ESC.
Clint is the last person I know of with a BL Gen 1. I never saw it run but its specs were similar to viper's.
RCButler evidently built the first BL Evo, but everyone hated him already so this didn't go in the record books.

Now that we've covered the more prominent BL Xmods. BLT, I would've strongly recommended that you stick to the Xcelorin setup, but now that you've gone Mamba... good luck.

Try a Futaba servo, my Hitec HS-50 is already a bit sloppy...

Tex- GPM makes a full Evo drivetrain. Diffs, carbon shaft, gears, CVDs, whatnot. The Gen 1's got shortchanged a bit unfortunately.
Lol, I wanna do something more tricky!!
Well, In the mere future I might do an Xcelorin 10000kv motor and esc setup, in an EVO.
I'm debating to do that, or to go with the MC-T board...

Anyways..I'll figure it all out, maybe I can get someone on XMF to make me a metal bevel gear, if he has enough skills.
I'm sure you can, it would just be time-consuming.......
Gah, I'm out for the night guys.
Too much on my mind right now, lol..I'll come back on the weekend, I gotta study during the week...
Peace, and thanks Color0!