View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
You know how nice it would be to just dip these trucks in a vat of POR15 to simply get everything rust-proof.
Ospho bath FTMFW!!!!

a couple of buddies and me are restoring a 56' ford-o-matic and it looks to be in about the same shape.
what we've been doing is grinding down to metal(getting through all of that nasty assed undercoating) and spraying the ospho through an old latex sprayer.

Quote:
snowboi1289 the hinges look kinda old,and they may start to buckle in over time,i would suggest to buy some new onjust in case it does happen
lol, try finding hood hinges for a pre 60's ford truck at a reasonable price
those hinges dont really look bad at all..just some superficial surface rust.
the actual metal will never weaken,just rust from the surface in.
the springs appear to hold the hold and they are the most delicate part of the hinge assembly so they wont be a problem.
i'm curious as to why the hood doesnt have the tension rods though.

Quote:
redrkt Nice project truck, hope everything works out on it.

One suggestion tho.
You should have primered and painted the inside of the hood and fenders and firewall while you had it apart, would make it look more professional that way otherwise your going to have a B**** of a time getting it to look right.
not criticizing just making a suggestion.
just an educated guess(please let me know if i'm right) but it apears as though the inner/outer fenders are mounted for mock up since the firewall already has a basecoat.
it looks like the soloniod,battery and accessories were hooked up to run the motor.
something tells me that this is just the "get it together" phase and once everything is fitted and running properly the truck will be taken almost completely apart again and gone over with a fine tooth comb before final assembly......sound about right???