Thread: Li-Poly
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:50 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsnut View Post
1 the Li-Pos I run are the Electrifly with smart charger built in, you can get these at hobby shops and for a charger get one that rated for the batteries you are charging. most Li-Po chargers are 12 volt DC current. to bypass this I recommend you buy an AC/DC converter rated higher than what the charger will charge the batteries to and make it work with a wall outlet by cutting off both the aligator clips and the end of the converter, the converter can be found at RS.
2 you can purchase at any hobby store a power shut off, I forget what the real name is right now, that will cut power when the battery is spent.
3 with this setup the motors I have run are helimax HMXE8004 and haven't blown stock fets yet. but make sure you follow the manufacters instructions for what they recommend for their motor.
4 if you get 4 batteries and buy the right charger you can charge all of them while playing with the one. like I said Electrifly makes a charger that can charge 4 Li-pos at once but its like 100 bucks.

also tommygreen23 2s 7.4 volt 750mAh wont even make an xmod move but put in a 4s 7.4 volt li-po 1440 mAh in it and watch it burn rubber for a long time. like I said Electrifly makes one heck of a charger and batteries set up for racing.
I'm sorry bro, but you don't know what your talking about. You show me a li-poly pack that fits in a xmod nicely that is rated for 1440mAh. If they are in series you add the voltages which is how you get to 7.4 volts from 2 3.7 volt cells. When they are in series the total mAh of the batteries stays the same. So if you are running 4 AAA 900mAh NiCads you only have 900mAh. The mAh rating of the battery has nothing to do with moving the car. That is the drain rate which should be around 10c or 4.5 amps at continuous current which is what moves the car.
Just in case you don't believe me check out this li-poly kit from atomicmods.
460mAh and 10C rating. Obviously it can move a xmod car...
http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/X...ck__10398.aspx

Just because you have bigger batteries does not mean your fets can stand more current draw. They will blow up if you put a motor in that draws any more amps than the fets are rated for.

By the way, 4s means 4 in series which would be about 14.8 volts. It sure would burn rubber for a LOOONG time with that.

If you don't know what your talking about, please don't talk.