View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 03:25 PM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab

well.....i went to my LHS and asked for the parts i needed, it costs as much as TWO NEW fw-05t's! i think i will have to buy a model truck, and take the elecs out of that......
anyway i did some work on the chassis, wannabe gearbox is gone, axel that goes through the chassis for AWD, like the AWD axel on an xmod, well i took it off and its gonna have 2 motors instead of one spinning the axel, that would make it less likely to break, also i'm currently looking for something to replace with the axels, these ones are too weak , i tested and they broke in 20 secs.
most probably i will have to give it a new chassis design, i mean like just have the tires and the middle part on left, no gears or anything, i got some putty while i was there, its the first time i am working with putty so i dont think it will be very easy to work with. i will use it to make custom mounts for the motors, speed control setup......
sorry if most doesnt make sense, its 12:30 at night and i didnt get much sleep last night either
i will get some pics and everything, but not before wednesday, i have spelling bee on monday, chess championship on tuesday and speech contest on wednesday......so i will be busy, sorry i took a lot of time to post here again but i've been REALLY busy!
thanks, and please feel free to comment on this project but no insults,
also any suggestions? like which body style, paint scheme etc.