View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Haha, thanks! I wasn't expecting that.

But yes, one other thing I really like about imports are the fact that the manufacturers use similar (usually the exact same) parts on one vehicle, that they've used for about two or three. The advantage to this is ease of availability, at the same time, cheap modifications.

Take this for example:

My old 1991 Nissan Stanza had parts off from the Pulsar GTi-R (Nissan's famous rally hatch), parts from a Nissan Maxima (same generation), 240SXes as well as some parts from a few Infiniti cars.

What the Stanza has to offer to the 'big boys' (in this case, the 300ZX), is the throttle body. Z31 300ZX guys looking for a cheap upgrade for their engine response, and a small increment of power, if you will, swap their stock throttle bodies for those from the Nissan Stanza. The 300ZX's throttle body is about 1cm SMALLER than that of the one on the Stanza. That difference in size still accounts for many choosing to partake in this mod, since its inexpensive (can find Stanza TB for roughly $10, may be free if your lucky from a junk yard), and it helps with engine response, ever-so-slightly.

Of course, that's only one car from one company.