View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 09:36 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Cars can go on forever, they can roll to a stop if you run out of batteries/fuel. A plane...it drops like a **** rock.

I've been into flying for about three years now, I fly with a local club (skymasters on Michigan, google them if you so please..). We have some of the most experianced people from Futaba, JR, and Hobico fly at our field/come to our meets. We also sponser/host the largest float fly in the United States. (Mid-West Regional Float fly. It's an annual thing in Septembre'.)

I've flown Nitro the whole time, and have had no regrets. I did get my hand at flying an Electric, but the only advantage is there is no clean up. Exhaust gets to be a P.I.T.A. after a while.

If you want to get into flying, go to your local hobby shop and ask them if they have a club in your area. More often than not, there is a club. MOST clubs will host a "trainers" night (ours are Wednesday from Memorial to Laybor day). Now, being fall/winter, you're not going to find a club that's going to be out flying as frequently, unless they're die-hards.

Search around for a "trainer" plane. These planes have large dihedrail, slower flying, and more efficient. They're just all around easier to fly. When you start getting into pattern planes, you're going to want to have a wad of cash behind your butt. You see $$$ flying then, not just a matterial object.

PM me for more questions, anyone.