XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   General XMODs (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   would you pay... (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17179)

XmodzICON82 06-30-2009 09:02 PM

would you pay...

i have a question for anyone to answer...would you pay $25 for the 67 camaro body by itself...the reason i ask this is because i found someone in kansas who has one and he says $25...but on the other hand i'll be in nebraska this weekend visiting family and i'll be picking up a 2006 mustang with bodykit and working chassis for $25...what do you guys/girls think...

kendallcschm 06-30-2009 09:03 PM

i think you should go with the stang..... the camaro no matter how sweet is a rip off

XmodzICON82 06-30-2009 09:06 PM

i'm buying the mustang regardless(which i will get in lincoln, nebraska) but i'm a little skeptical about the camaro body for the same price as the mustang(which the camaro body is in kansas)....

kendallcschm 06-30-2009 09:10 PM

well.... the camaro body is really expensive.. i wouldn't do it.. personally i would go on ebay and look for cheaper ones

dontspamme 06-30-2009 10:06 PM

I would buy it if you really wanted it, if not then leave it and find another one at a better price. For $25 you can get a STi body...

XmodzICON82 06-30-2009 10:17 PM

dontspamme that's true i probably could...but i've been trying to get one for awhile...to the 2 that answered this thanx for the suggestions...and if anyone else has any feel free to say something....

Streetr101 06-30-2009 10:48 PM

I would buy the complete car over just the body, but like it was just said you can go on atomic mods and get an evo or sti body for that money or just for 5 more bucks get a new 3rd gen at radio shack. unless you are set on getting a camaro body and its in mint condition.

imnotmikal 06-30-2009 11:10 PM

Go ahead and buy it.
You won't find it cheaper.
AM might say $15, but they charge an arm and a leg for shipping.
XI doesn't have any, and there aren't any on eBay.

I personally would pay $25 for it, if I was still in the hobby.

theoriganalRiD3R1967 07-01-2009 01:12 AM

For less 25 you could probably find a model kit, but then again model kits require special mounting and paint, the also lack windows(driver/pasenger), but it can be fun to paint and assemble...my 2 cents

XmodzICON82 07-01-2009 01:14 AM

i have a complete NIB body kit for the camaro...all i want is the body and i have plenty of chassis's that i can put it on....but thank you all for the input...

Scionbeave 07-01-2009 02:14 PM

thats not too bad. i got my first in abox from rs that had old broken xmods with like 3 other body and a bunch of working chassis for 15 bucks. ,y second one was painted almost flawlessly by 123vette for 24 bucks and had an almost complete gen1 chassis. i would get it thats pretty cheap for one as they are hard to find

XmodzICON82 07-01-2009 04:34 PM

the guy is gonna send me a pic of the shell...if it looks good i'm gonna ask if we can meet up so i can personally look at it...if it looks as perfect as he says i'll pick it up....

ravevolution 07-01-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnotmikal (Post 229551)
Go ahead and buy it.
You won't find it cheaper.
AM might say $15, but they charge an arm and a leg for shipping.
XI doesn't have any, and there aren't any on eBay.

I personally would pay $25 for it, if I was still in the hobby.

True AM does charge up the ying for shipping, my only suggestion when purchasing from AM , buy more than 1 thing and at least then your not getting borked with shipping. Not to mention sign up for emails sometimes there are coupons or holiday specials:)

it's your 25 bucks you can do whatever you want with it, but if you really really want a camaro body then go ahead and get it. Otherwise get the stang, a full car for that price is a good deal. Plus be patient I say, you may find that camaro body at a cheaper cost from someone else at a later time.

XmodzICON82 07-01-2009 05:50 PM

i am definately getting the stang this weekend there is no doubt...with buying from AM i am part of the military club on there and when i buy something things are discounted for being part of it...but rave i've looked everywhere (ebay, rcmart, AM, XI, etc...) and haven't been able to find the camaro body until now...but i think the person i'm getting the stang from knows what they could get for it...so $25 is a steal for it....here's the ad for it on craigslist so you can see for yourself :http://lincoln.craigslist.org/tag/1245470777.html

kendallcschm 07-01-2009 06:36 PM

go for it if you really want it... honestly you can find a camaro as a model body... :-P for same price... and don't get a subie for 25... lol

dontspamme 07-01-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallcschm (Post 229637)
go for it if you really want it... honestly you can find a camaro as a model body... :-P for same price... and don't get a subie for 25... lol

Then he would need to extend the chassis, fab up some clips and all that other stuff, for saving that couple bucks on a model, it's not worth it as the supplys are going to build the cost and the total would be more then $25.

And why not get the STi for $25 ? It's a decent deal. Don't go hating on imports and their 4 cylinders now.

XmodzICON82 07-01-2009 07:03 PM

i would get a camaro model but i don't feel like having to make mounts for it...and i am not getting a subie body, don't know y people are saying to get one or not get one...i'm still waiting on the pic from the guy with the camaro...if i don't hear from him tonight i'm just gonna mark it as a lost cause...but thanx to everyone for the info...