XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Real Cars: Full scale (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   carpet in cars (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16903)

ViruS 06-02-2009 05:32 PM

carpet in cars

carpeting in a car. love it? hate it? lets press the issue.

suicide_star 06-02-2009 07:18 PM

bedliner FTW :cool:

SPR 06-02-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicide_star (Post 224986)
bedliner FTW :cool:

x2

mr.hotrod 06-02-2009 07:41 PM

i third that but with dimond plate for floor mats:headbang:

XMDrifter 06-02-2009 09:12 PM

idc really. it's a bit of a pain to clean, but i don't feel like ripping out the carpet and using bare metal

meme405 06-02-2009 09:42 PM

In a work truck i can see having those rubber floors...

But in any regular car or truck you cant beat carpet with rubber floormats on it. I have yet to see a higher end car with rubber on its floors...

Its a ***** to keep clean but if you take some time to tap your shoes together or not get your shoes dirty its not too often you have to deal with a mess. Although I was driving downtown to eat with some friends and one idiot spilled coke all over my seats and floor. Needless to say i stopped the car and kicked him out in the middle of a bridge (@Dontspamme i kicked him out in the middle of the Lions gate). It may seem harsh but he gets pushy and he always jumps into my car and thinks he can come everywhere, and the worst part is he always calls shotgun (even when my GF is coming with us, and when i kick him out he gets ****ed off). I seem to be a natural taxi driver, just because i can seat so many people in my car and dont really care that legally im only allowed to drive one person. So i always get stuck driving everyone around, which is BS.

Anyway, off of my rant, CARPET FTW!

dontspamme 06-02-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 225027)
(@Dontspamme i kicked him out in the middle of the Lions gate).

LOL ! Well, that guy did deserve it. What ride was this in ? I'm guessing the Q7 ?

Anyways, I perfer rubber. Just because.

SPR 06-02-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontspamme (Post 225029)
Anyways, I perfer rubber. Just because.

:lol: :lol: LMAO. maybe i just have a dirty mind but wow hahaha.

Good thinkin though ;)

monsterhunter 06-02-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPR (Post 225033)

Good thinkin though ;)

x2 on that one SPR your not the only one :lol: but yea metal foor with floor mats for me. its easier to clean that way.

stang_racer 06-02-2009 10:58 PM

shag for the win but only in older full size vans! past that rip it out go drifting and autocross-ing

AJB32690 06-02-2009 11:07 PM

Meh. I like what Ive done with my car. Rubber undercoating with thin, "eco-friendly" carpeting on top. Its made from recycled plastic bottles. It still feels like carpet, its easy to clean, and doesn't stain!

dontspamme 06-02-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPR (Post 225033)

Good thinkin though ;)

You dirty dirty boy ! Haha, well I was on the phone during that time and didn't want to type much. But rubber because it has extra protection and is thin enough so you can bend it easier to replace it ! ;) Think about it SPR ! :lol:

But really, if I could I'll take bare carbon fibre. Thats sexy !

SPR 06-02-2009 11:38 PM

ROTF.

im sticking with the Polyurethane flooring.

texan_idiot25 06-03-2009 01:13 AM

Useless thread for one. Personally, carpet is like carpet in hour house. It stains and gets dirty, boo-hoo.

Steel floors with a rubber mat on either side is how I run the CST10 and besides the noise and the fact that long tube headers REALLY heat up the floor if you have shoes off, I don't mind it. Not pretty, but I can wash it out with a hose.

meme405 06-03-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 (Post 225050)
Useless thread for one. Personally, carpet is like carpet in hour house. It stains and gets dirty, boo-hoo.

Steel floors with a rubber mat on either side is how I run the CST10 and besides the noise and the fact that long tube headers REALLY heat up the floor if you have shoes off, I don't mind it. Not pretty, but I can wash it out with a hose.

Thats an easy fix, dont drive with your shoes off... :uhoh:

Who the hell goes out somewhere barefoot? **** texans... LOL JK...

See most of you are saying rubber or anything besides carpet...(CF LOL). You guys are really going to spend money and rip out the carpet in a car and put in something else... seems pointless to me, but to each his own i guess...

texan_idiot25 06-03-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 225116)

See most of you are saying rubber or anything besides carpet...(CF LOL). You guys are really going to spend money and rip out the carpet in a car and put in something else... seems pointless to me, but to each his own i guess...

Socks are more comfortable than work shoes at night :lol:

The truck didn't have carpet, and plus with the amount of water that leaks in under the dash, carpet would be a waste. Noise, I don't care about since I have the windows down all the time and I LOVE the sound of long tube headers and a proper set of turbo mufflers at wide open throttle. But honestly, what new car doesn't have carpet? In fact, in the last 30 years, what car hasn't had carpet?

AJB32690 06-03-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 225116)

I drive barefoot all the time. My car is a police car, so it never had carpet. It had rubber flooring. I tore out the rubber flooring because it smelled disgusting.

noturday 06-04-2009 12:23 PM

i drove barefoot just yesterday, of course i was going swimming and had flip flops on, it sucks to drive in those so i just kicked em off and drove without em.

back on topic though, i prefer carpet, it looks nicer and really isn't that hard to keep clean. just don't eat or drink much in the car and you lower the risk of spilling crap on it. then all u have to do is vacuum on occasion and it still looks nice.

i guess i kind-of have both in my truck though, the interior has carpet and the bed has a rubber mat. so i have the luxury of not having to haul dirty crap inside the truck, and i get to keep my carpet looking nice :D

firebird999 06-04-2009 12:30 PM

depends on the car. for a luxury or sports car, carpet is nice, it won't get too torn up if the owner loves the car, but in a van, minivan, wagon, suv, or pickup (basically anything that will get dirty no matter what), you can't beat rubber. and on a motorcycle, i think carpet would look cool. no idea where to put it though....

bondo 06-04-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebird999 (Post 225166)
on a motorcycle, i think carpet would look cool. no idea where to put it though....

how about like this?
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...h%20Rocket.jpg