XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Complete n00b! (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14769)

OtakuDJR 11-06-2008 09:48 AM

Complete n00b!

Hey guys,

The other day I bought the new GT-R xmod completely on impulse.

My only history with 'mini cars' would be playing with/modding Tamiya mini's back when I was a kid living in Korea. These things had to be simplest things with a motor. No RC, no suspension, just a few rods, a bunch of plastic, two AA batteries and a simple brush motor (no caps on them either).

but now that I have this new xmod, I have so many questions and ideas (probably all old ideas to you guys) about what I can tweak and change.

I thought the xmod site (xmodsrc.com - which I mistook to mean xmod source, but its just xmods RC..) would have a good community, upgrades I could purchase or try and make on my own, etc etc.. but the site looks like it hasn't been updated in a year.

So here I am :D

Donziikid 11-06-2008 09:50 AM

Another Michigander? Welcome to the forum, dude. Glad to have you aboard!

Please be sure to stop by the Rules and Guidelines section of the forum. Things may be run a little differently than the forums you're used to. ;)

Cheers,
Kyle.

OtakuDJR 11-06-2008 10:11 AM

Thanks!

So are there alot of 'Michiganders' on here? I'm only here for school, so I guess I'm not a true michigan guy yet, haha.

I skimmed the rules for anything unusal before I posted, but taking a better look at it, I guess 'n00b' should of just been noob :P

Donziikid 11-06-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtakuDJR (Post 190572)
Thanks!

So are there alot of 'Michiganders' on here? I'm only here for school, so I guess I'm not a true michigan guy yet, haha.

I skimmed the rules for anything unusal before I posted, but taking a better look at it, I guess 'n00b' should of just been noob :P

There are a handful of members from Michigan, certainly not as many as some states, but there are a few. Welcome to Michigan, what are you studying at school, If you do not mind me asking?

Cheers,
Kyle.

HUMMER H4 11-06-2008 05:03 PM

Welcome! My Xmods (from now on) are for my serve my tinkering urges.

SPR 11-06-2008 05:59 PM

awesome display on my shelf all the way! lmao

welcome! be sure to check out the repair and modification manual! its right up your ally!

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

texan_idiot25 11-06-2008 06:02 PM

I use them more for making projects different off than others.

Cash is my only limitation! :lol:

taiwanesekid05 11-06-2008 06:21 PM

I used to live in Michigan.

ling427ttvette 11-06-2008 09:23 PM

I have one that serves all my driving needs, my F-150 with a custom motor from BLT. It's a beast for what it is, and I love it.

All of my others? Shelf queens. :lol:

Welcome to XMS. Glad to see the new Xmods bringing in some new people. Although I still wish there was a chassis like the Gen 1 out, god I love those.

OtakuDJR 11-07-2008 08:56 AM

I'm studying Computer Eng. at Kettering U.

Stampedekid 11-07-2008 09:55 PM

I have one for all needs. My F150 would be an example. I got bored one day when I was home sick for a week so I sharpied it. Welcome to XMS dude! I been to MI once.

xmodzracer 11-07-2008 10:54 PM

Welcome!!! Read the rules, have some fun, STICK AROUND!!! =Þ

jimmythekid1 11-08-2008 09:32 AM

welcome to XMS and to Michigan. I'm one of the handfuls.

kendallcschm 11-08-2008 09:46 AM

well i need to tinker with something other than computers so i adopted xmods... they are wicked

Bugeye subie 11-08-2008 02:09 PM

Welcome! Dont worry, We were all noobs at once too,

How do you like the new GT-R now?

Skv012a 12-05-2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtakuDJR (Post 190568)
Hey guys,

The other day I bought the new GT-R xmod completely on impulse.

My only history with 'mini cars' would be playing with/modding Tamiya mini's back when I was a kid living in Korea. These things had to be simplest things with a motor. No RC, no suspension, just a few rods, a bunch of plastic, two AA batteries and a simple brush motor (no caps on them either).

but now that I have this new xmod, I have so many questions and ideas (probably all old ideas to you guys) about what I can tweak and change.

Wow dood, not only did I get GTR on impulse as well, but I used to do those 2xAA Tamiyas as well! Talk about memories.