XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Projects (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Project GT-R (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12515)

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-20-2008 03:04 AM

Project GT-R

Well as i sit here and type this i am going to make my G35 into a GT-R racer and as i look at these pics:
http://www.webwombat.com/motoring/ne...n-gt-r-big.jpgnissan-gt-r-4-big.jpg (JPEG Image, 500x338 pixels)
001gtr.jpg (JPEG Image, 460x300 pixels)

It wont be hard to do just some bondo and an evo iix wing cut down a little and that should cover the body. On the other hand paint will be the problem.so what color do ***YOU*** think would be nice?(cause i can't make up my mind)

Kaze 03-20-2008 04:11 AM

I'm curious how well this'll turn out, good luck on this project. I have a feeling it'll take a while. As for color, I like the Red they have for it and black looks good too. If you went for a darker silver I also don't see any issues. It's your choice man, can't wait to see pics.

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-20-2008 05:05 AM

I wonder if Xmodification can give me some pointers cause he done something close but i think candy red would be cool what do you think?

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-20-2008 05:43 AM

Its time for an up date and here are the things that have been done: GTRproject001.jpg image by xmodscarbon
GTRproject002.jpg image by xmodscarbon
GTRproject.jpg image by xmodscarbon
Tell me what you think so far.And be honest.:nod:

I pulled an all nighter and this is how far i got:
GTRproject003.jpg image by xmodscarbon
GTRproject004.jpg image by xmodscarbon
GTRproject005.jpg image by xmodscarbon

Stampedekid 03-20-2008 01:01 PM

Is that play-doh? lol. It looks like it. I like the idea. I think you should make it gunmetal metallic silver.

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-20-2008 01:03 PM

Yeah my dad is getting me bondo on his way from work and thats just to get the design right.And maybe a grey undercoat under the clear coat red........

XMODification 03-20-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodscarbon's_lost (Post 150867)
I wonder if Xmodification can give me some pointers cause he done something close but i think candy red would be cool what do you think?

I didn't like my result on my G35 too much - that's why it was designated as a basher/beater body -lol. I think aslong as you get the Play-doh/bondo in the right places and everything is all smooth and clean - once you drop the paint on there's no dought that it will look good. :nod:

Lowrideit 03-20-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodscarbon's_lost (Post 150900)
Yeah my dad is getting me bondo on his way from work and thats just to get the design right.And maby an grey under coat under the clear coat red........

bondo is super hard too work with, I have it, and it doesnt work too well,
I mean, Dont let me stop you, It just takes wayyy too long too dry, And the Harder doesnt seem too help,
Best thing I can tell you Carbon is too shape it, then Set it in hot sun light, Or under a heat lamp for awhile. then sand.

Anyways,
GT-R sounds pretty sick,

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-20-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XMODification (Post 150904)
I didn't like my result on my G35 too much - that's why it was designated as a basher/beater body -lol. I think aslong as you get the Play-doh/bondo in the right places and everything is all smooth and clean - once you drop the paint on there's no dought that it will look good. :nod:

I didn't mean YOUR G35 in particular but just you know how to design things with it and is it hard to work with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowrideit (Post 150917)
I mean, Dont let me stop you, It just takes wayyy too long too dry, And the Harder doesnt seem too help,
Best thing I can tell you Carbon is too shape it, then Set it in hot sun light, Or under a heat lamp for awhile. then sand.

Anyways,
GT-R sounds pretty sick,

Well i think this bondo is made for lighter purposes,And thanks i hope to be the first to do it too.

xmodificationer 03-20-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowrideit (Post 150917)

Anyways,
GT-R sounds pretty sick,

Its not hard to work with, I made my half scion half vette with bondo. And no actually it dries too quickly. It starts to harden in about 15 minutes so you have to work fast, or use less hardener.

Lowrideit 03-20-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodificationer (Post 150977)
Its not hard to work with, I made my half scion half vette with bondo. And no actually it dries too quickly. It starts to harden in about 15 minutes so you have to work fast, or use less hardener.

Guess Im doing something wrong...

SYNDYCATE 03-21-2008 11:44 AM

yo that GTR is going to be ub3r

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-21-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYNDYCATE (Post 151104)
yo that GTR is going to be ub3r

Thanks bratha!!!:lol:

xmodkidd33 03-21-2008 02:32 PM

Looks nice, "Ub3r" to say. Can't wait to see it done! What are you going to do for lights?

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-21-2008 04:29 PM

Just trim them to the right shape and get new ones.

Here is what i have to look at to get it right: [/COLOR][/COLOR]GTRproject006.jpg
And i am working on the bk to make it look the part....

WRXSTi92 03-22-2008 09:18 PM

the out come is gonna be sick because the new skiline is wicked good luck

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-23-2008 03:10 AM

Thanks STI!And btw that was just a joke on the cheating thing(just to see what they would say)

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-25-2008 04:01 PM

Here is a teaser pic for you to look at for now: GTRproject007.jpg
Tell me what you think of them.:)

SYNDYCATE 03-25-2008 05:39 PM

LOL um 1 w@5 w@Nt1ng @ p1c 0f d3H c@r...

xmodscarbon's_lost 03-25-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYNDYCATE (Post 152311)
LOL um 1 w@5 w@Nt1ng @ p1c 0f d3H c@r...

Hey chineskid05 this is your que!