XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMS Competition Archives (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   July Competition, wanna be a judge?? (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16963)

bondo 06-09-2009 06:42 PM

July Competition, wanna be a judge??

feel free to volunteer

we're looking for people to help with our new voting system and we need judges.
we're looking for responsible,mature individuals who would like to help out the site.

the way this is going to work is like this.
we've setup a "secret location" specifically for this comp and we're going to have 5 voting polls,one for each of the voting criteria.
1.patriotism
2.chassis
3.body
4.electronics
5.overall

if you are judging then once the polls are opened,you would go in and vote once in each of the 5 polls.
the winner is the member with the most accumulated points throughout the five polls.
if this works then there will be no more epic builds getting beat by a set of GPM rims and a stock body/chassis.

Judges
judges will be chosen from this thread by XMS staff at the end of the month.
we will be looking for mature,helpful and all around decent members.
we will also be looking into member feedback.(hope you havn't been naughty;))

two judges will be chosen per entrant with a maximum of 20 judges.
6 entrants = 12 judges
8 entrants = 16 judges
16 entrants = 20 judges

i hope i havn't over explained it like i often do,it's really pretty simple.
please though guys, we need your help to make this comp as fair as possible for everyone.
please throw your hat in by replying to this thread.

cheers,

Kaze 06-09-2009 07:03 PM

Just to clarify, will judges be allowed to enter, or is it choose "Judge or Enter"

Either way, I'd like to be a judge, This would be my way of being active behind the scenes.

bondo 06-09-2009 07:05 PM

yup, judge or enter.
we're trying to make this as fair as possible and not letting entrants vote simply removes that variable altogether.

and thank you.;)

XmodzICON82 06-09-2009 07:17 PM

i wouldn't mind being a judge as well bondo..

KITT222 06-09-2009 07:31 PM

I'll be a judge. I don't mind that I wont enter even though I purchased Xmodsinternationals American Flag F150. I would've gotten marks for 2 catagories, but thats it. I've seen peoples work, and I can't compete chassis-wise.

cowboysir03 06-09-2009 07:50 PM

I can judge if you'd accept me. I don't have much time here but I hope you can base your selection on my past experiences elsewhere.:)

BART 06-09-2009 08:40 PM

I do I do I do!!!!!!!!:)

bigez 06-09-2009 08:52 PM

so just out of curiousity if this comp goes well then this how all the others will be and if this not go well than the comps will stay the same and if this is not the right place for this than lmk i will talk to someone in a pm about it

btw i would like to be a judge it would be fun

BART 06-09-2009 08:57 PM

This is BETA voting. We want to see how this will work and for a long time Bondo has pushed for a way for voting to not be a popularity contest.

bigez 06-09-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZX9RBART (Post 226362)
This is BETA voting. We want to see how this will work and for a long time Bondo has pushed for a way for voting to not be a popularity contest.

ok i see i just thought i would ask

stang_racer 06-09-2009 09:29 PM

alright ill bite since im way to lazy to build something my self and lack the time to build but i find my way on here every other night now ill volunteer for judging

FloydfanYodaman 06-09-2009 09:52 PM

i'd love to be a judge...i'd like to think i'm old enough to make a neutral decision on all categories...a project is a project and i could care who less made it...few questions:

1.patriotism...i assume in future comps this would be trucks, muscle, tuners,open...basically the theme of the comp?...i know silly question butjust for clarification

2.sometimes the comps seem to be feast or famine with the amount of entries...there seem to be quite a few judge applicants in the threads above but not too many contest entrants...do you think one will take away from the other?

3. i had a couple other questions but i am drawing a blank...but kudos to management for taking someones suggestion and making an attempt on trying something different and new...i think this is another great way the site can improve and grow

4.Patriotism has got my head spinning...how do you put a cool spin on it...well if i dont get chosen to be a judge maybe i can muster up a lil patriotism of my own

TheB1GDude 06-09-2009 09:54 PM

I would actually rather enter than judge so stay tuned for something from me :)

mr.hotrod 06-09-2009 10:12 PM

i cant enter this comp so i would enter i can be very non bais i do not care who made the project if they put hard work in to it they are alright in my book
not just simple mods like rims and sending it off to atomic and calling it your own work

bondo 06-09-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KITT222 (Post 226349)
I'll be a judge. I don't mind that I wont enter even though I purchased Xmodsinternationals American Flag F150. I would've gotten marks for 2 catagories, but thats it. I've seen peoples work, and I can't compete chassis-wise.

that's kind of the thing.
if you entered that truck and only got marks in 3 polls,(don't forget overall) it could still be enough for a W.
it all depends on what others are bringing.
to tell you the truth though,i'm not even sure if you could enter it since i built it.....;)
we'll have to wait on donzii to post the entry thread with the official rules.

Grats on buying it though,if i would have known it was for sale then i would have bought it back.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigez (Post 226361)
so just out of curiousity if this comp goes well then this how all the others will be and if this not go well than the comps will stay the same and if this is not the right place for this than lmk i will talk to someone in a pm about it

btw i would like to be a judge it would be fun

BART couldn't have said it any better.
BETA.
personally, i'd like to see the comps go this route but there's a few things that could go wrong over time.
we'll see how it all works out.

Quote:

i'd love to be a judge...i'd like to think i'm old enough to make a neutral decision on all categories...a project is a project and i could care who less made it...few questions:

1.patriotism...i assume in future comps this would be trucks, muscle, tuners,open...basically the theme of the comp?...i know silly question butjust for clarification.
that really all depends on how well this month works out but yea,i guess that's the jist of it.

2.sometimes the comps seem to be feast or famine with the amount of entries...there seem to be quite a few judge applicants in the threads above but not too many contest entrants...do you think one will take away from the other?
not really,you put enough money infront of someone's nose and their bound to jump at it. the reward(s) hav'nt even been announced yet.;)
part of the reasoning for the money prize and extended deadline is to get peoples creativity going.
there might be a few posts above yours but that doesn't mean that people arent going to enter.
it just means that the people above can't find the time(myself included) to build.

3. i had a couple other questions but i am drawing a blank...but kudos to management for taking someones suggestion and making an attempt on trying something different and new...i think this is another great way the site can improve and grow.
thanks from all of us.
wether the majority realizes it or not,the staff here really does do alot to not only maintain the site but promote interest in the hobby.
ideas are constantly flowing to raise participation.

4.Patriotism has got my head spinning...how do you put a cool spin on it...well if i dont get chosen to be a judge maybe i can muster up a lil patriotism of my own.
i would'nt wait till last minute....;)
sorry i had to break that one up yoda.

SPR 06-09-2009 10:29 PM

i dont have the cash to build an outstanding xmod sadly and defend my prize winning title :(

So id be game for judging. i think my reputation speaks well enough for its self. atleast i hope!

KITT222 06-10-2009 12:54 AM

Got it. Regardless I really want to be a judge.

XMODification 06-10-2009 12:56 AM

Since I haven't had time to get back into Custom Building biz I figure with my Knowledge and experience in the hobby I might aswell volunteer to be a judge for this one:bigwink: Should be interesting indeed:nod:

GearHeadV8 06-10-2009 12:04 PM

I would like to be a judge i pretty much always really followed the rules from bondo not sucking up but i did sometimes just go for the nice one but mainly the one with the most work

spitfire 06-10-2009 12:19 PM

Id love to but, ive got a realy cool idea for this months comp.