XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini & Micro Modification (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   problem with micro-t esc (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18484)

sciontc333 01-29-2010 12:38 AM

problem with micro-t esc

not sure if this is the right spot but...ok so ive been working on my micro-x (micro-t esc in a xmod ) alot lately and decided to tear it down and do an entire re-build/design. i was testing the way i had the steering hooked up and it was working fine, then the all of the sudden it stopped working all togeather. it was like the batterys are not pluged in but they are. i have tried cleaning the esc re-soldering everything and even trying different switches. that didn't work so i tried charging the batt.s that didn't work either... so then i tried it with different batterys and even different crystals, still not doing anything.... so....could the batterys being low in the transmitter do this? i am using a traxxas tQ, i saw no smoke and it dosn't look as if anything burnt, there was no sizzleing or anything. does anyone know what could be going on, i highly doubt i fried the esc and i hope i didn't cuz i dont feel like throwing $40 into a new esc . so if anyone has ideas throw them at me ill try what ever you can think of thanks
tc

mycrors4 01-29-2010 09:56 AM

not sure but the micro-t esc has aleays been known to have early thermal shutdown stages(shuts down when its not supposed to) but see how it stopped all together, i dont think that's it,

xmod noob 01-29-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 248763)
not sure but the micro-t esc has aleays been known to have early thermal shutdown stages(shuts down when its not supposed to) but see how it stopped all together, i dont think that's it,

it only shutsdown when running lipo batterys and all you have todo is swicth of then on

Stampedekid 01-29-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 248763)

A thermal shutdown is to prevent the ESC from overheating it doesn't just randomly shut down. Check the battery, gently pull on the wires by the connectors to see if they are loose, that is a common problem, when you unplug ALWAYS make sure you pull by the connector not by the wires, it will cause a loose connection and eventually the wire to separate from the connector. Also make sure the board is not fried and make sure if you are using the DC battery powered charger, that the batteries are fresh, while it will charge on low power, it will not give it enough mAh. Get us a video even though I switched to brushless in most all of my trucks(except the Nitro Pede, Mini Z, Mini Rio(not Revo, its a boat) and McRC) nearly 2 years ago, I can still help with brushed.

sciontc333 01-29-2010 02:47 PM

well it's in a xmod with liths. the wires aren't loose because i re-soldered them and tried with different batterys.

Stampedekid 01-29-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sciontc333 (Post 248779)
well it's in a xmod with liths. the wires aren't loose because i re-soldered them and tried with different batterys.

Did you check the batteries in the transmitter? Also check the antenna wire and all of that. What are the "symptoms" of it as in like what is working and what is not, and I need exactly like the car steers but won't go or something along those lines

sciontc333 01-29-2010 03:46 PM

it dose nothing at all every thing is pluged in and turned on but its like the switch is turned off ...but its not.

Stampedekid 01-29-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sciontc333 (Post 248785)
it dose nothing at all every thing is pluged in and turned on but its like the switch is turned off ...but its not.

Sounds to me like a fried esc if you re-did all the solder points on the ESC/RX and it still doesn't work. You are running the Losi TX right? Some transmitters do not work with this ESC/RX especially FM/2.4GHz ones.

sciontc333 01-29-2010 05:18 PM

im using a traxxas tQ i know it worksbecause i have been using it for almost a year.thanks thought i will try brand new batt.s in the tx and car tonight hopefully that works.

dreamingISdrifting 01-29-2010 05:25 PM

how big are your solder joints, if they are too big and you have like a big pile of solder on the wire chances are one of the wires moved and bent the solder joint and slightly touched the other, hence Short Circuit or fired board.

sciontc333 01-29-2010 05:53 PM

nope they are small and pretty clean if you ask me

mycrors4 01-29-2010 05:57 PM

i know the board shutsbdowns not to overheat, but ive heard rumors about defective boards that shutdown incorrectly, i thought it might be that