XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Cell Phone (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14792)

imnotmikal 11-08-2008 07:17 PM

Cell Phone

So, for christmas, my parents said I can get a new phone.
Mom needs a new phone and likes my current one, so they're buying me a new one and transfer my phone to her.

So, I have to choose what I want.

I really want a Glyde, but have heard a few bad things about it.

So yeah.

I want:
Touch screen preferred.
Definitely want a keyboard.
VCast Music, and needs a MicroSD slot.

So yeah.

Thanks for any help.

TheB1GDude 11-08-2008 08:33 PM

Any specific network?? I'm assuming Verizon but if you can go with someone else I'd recommend the T-Mobile G1..... I wasnt a big fan but am now really liking it!!

nitemeer 11-08-2008 08:52 PM

if your on verizon, wait for the Samsung Omnia to release and get that one.. for Tmobile, get the G1, for ATT get the HTC Touch Pro or iPhone, for Sprint, get the HTC Touch Pro also

skim4food 11-08-2008 09:00 PM

i own the glyde and its sick! the bad stuff they say isnt that big of a deal, i have had not problems with it had it for half a year

imnotmikal 11-08-2008 09:10 PM

Oh yeah, Verizon.
My b, lol.

snowboi1289 11-08-2008 10:29 PM

Just get a normal phone, not no rich kid special phone. The ipod phone will break soon, and all those other kinds of phones will not help like the flip phones will.

taiwanesekid05 11-08-2008 11:34 PM

Careful about sliders like the Walkman W580i. Put it screen facing forward in my pocket, bumped into a table, and the screen cracked like a *****. Now I'm just trying to get it replaced.

nitemeer 11-08-2008 11:46 PM

any phone that facing screen forward hitting a table would crack.. even the iphone will crack.. and some flip phones with an external screen will also crack.. most likely it is all about how you take care of your phone

snowboi1289 11-08-2008 11:52 PM

I've threw my flip phone (a samsung) with an external screen, and it never broke the screen. I got into a fight, and the guy was punching my knees ands pockets (?) and the phone wasnt broken. My phones are always invincable (hope I spelled that right, I'm kinda tired). To me, flip phones are the best. With phones like the iphone and such, will definitly break before the flip phones.

ling427ttvette 11-09-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboi1289 (Post 191044)
I've threw my flip phone (a samsung) with an external screen, and it never broke the screen. I got into a fight, and the guy was punching my knees ands pockets (?) and the phone wasnt broken. My phones are always invincable (hope I spelled that right, I'm kinda tired). To me, flip phones are the best. With phones like the iphone and such, will definitly break before the flip phones.

I'm going to dis-agree with that, I've had plenty of flip phones and slider phones in my day and all of them have had problems.. I've got a Motorola Q now and not had a single problem with anything breaking on it, and I put phones through their paces.. trust me. :lol:

youngxmodder 11-09-2008 01:30 PM

i would get a glyde i own one everyone says its all bad dont belive it one thing you have to do when you get your phone is a screen protector because if you scratch your screen it wont work as well anymore but your phone your choice.

65mustangrock 11-09-2008 01:36 PM

dude get a flip phone. my exturnal(sp?) screen phone turns on in my pocket.i got a call from a guy trying to sell me a extended car warrenty during lunch at skool one time .its a pain. when i try to go on hikes with scouts it wont stay off so my battery drains. its so annoying

youngxmodder 11-09-2008 01:49 PM

65 stang thats true but the touch screen phones have a lock on them.

ling427ttvette 11-09-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngxmodder (Post 191168)
65 stang thats true but the touch screen phones have a lock on them.

But if you hit the right button the screen will still come on, for a brief period of time but it still will.

suicide_star 11-09-2008 01:54 PM

in the past 2 years, ive been through 3 LG flip phones, now i have a MotoRazr, hasn't given me one problem.

imnotmikal 11-09-2008 02:04 PM

You guys have to remember.
I'm 15. This generation is fascinated by texting and touch screens.
Lol.

I'm set of either getting a Glyde or a Voyager. I'm really leaning towards the Glyde though.

xmodkidd33 11-09-2008 02:05 PM

If you can hold out, get a BlackBerry Storm. If not, look into the Voyager.

A few of my friends had the Glyde, and they all hated it. The touch screen was screwy, and the menus were hard to navigate.

xmodificationer 11-09-2008 02:11 PM

If you can get a BlackJack 2 from Verizon, do it. They are badass. Full QWERTY Keyboard, Windows Mobile 6 (I upgraded to 6.1), Microsoft Office Mobile, Media player, Threaded texting, Internet Explorer, GPS, pretty much anything you could want. Plus they are easy to hack:lol:

texan_idiot25 11-09-2008 02:28 PM

http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos..._Phone_web.jpg

Full LCD screen, displays numbered dialed. Also can be used as a self defense weapon.

imnotmikal 11-09-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 (Post 191180)
If you can hold out, get a BlackBerry Storm. If not, look into the Voyager.

I don't want a smart phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodificationer (Post 191181)
If you can get a BlackJack 2 from Verizon, do it. They are badass. Full QWERTY Keyboard, Windows Mobile 6 (I upgraded to 6.1), Microsoft Office Mobile, Media player, Threaded texting, Internet Explorer, GPS, pretty much anything you could want. Plus they are easy to hack:lol:

Again, I don't want a smartphone.