XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   General XMODs (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Audi R8 XMOD? (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15507)

blue504life 01-03-2009 03:43 AM

Audi R8 XMOD?

what happened to it? i was told it would be on shelfs by or on thanksgiving and look now its January and no R8. anyone have info on the where about of this model? any info would be helpful to not just me but anyone whos been waiting for the it

blue504life

EDIT: can the title be fixed please? im stupid

snowboi1289 01-03-2009 03:56 AM

So you admit your stupid........

From what I remember, my girlfriend didnt tell me there was going to be a Audi. She works at RS, and they dont get much updates on what will be shipped out, and when. But I'm sure some new xmods are on there way, prolly around spring time or summer time.

dontspamme 01-03-2009 04:07 AM

From what I heard, the R8 is coming out sometime around mid-Spring. But I can't wait till this comes out, hopefully it won't be such crappy quality like the GT-R is.

AJB32690 01-03-2009 05:45 AM

I was wondering the same thing...

Anyway, heres my thoughts on it. Perhaps they postponed the release of more xmods because they are redesigning something. Didn't they say they were gonna have more out before Christmas? If they arent redesigning, then they may be planning to pull xmods off the shelves, again...

XMDrifter 01-03-2009 09:17 AM

i'm wondering it too.
the gtr's ride height was too high stock. i made lip kits on mine :D
if the r8 looks like a truck, then i'm not gonna bother looking at it

hopefully this spring, but probably later

Surge101 01-03-2009 09:41 AM

wtf is an auti? haha.
I just got into XMODs, and I already want more.

noturday 01-03-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XMDrifter (Post 203289)
i'm wondering it too.
the gtr's ride height was too high stock. i made lip kits on mine :D
if the r8 looks like a truck, then i'm not gonna bother looking at it

hopefully this spring, but probably later

that is why we all have this habit of lowering the bodies on our xmods, just about every one of them has sat too high if left stock, look at the gen 1 corvette or the evo scion (that one was really high). theres no reason to completely disreguard an R8 xmod if it sits too high (which it probably will), just modify it to sit lower

firebird999 01-03-2009 12:31 PM

i just hope that the side panels come carbon fiber with aluminum ones to swap out for if you like (not literrally those materials, although that would kick butt). make it more realistic.

lol 01-03-2009 03:25 PM

The Scion's Hieght was a freaking 4X4 ... Redesign? Sign me up

dccracing 01-04-2009 06:17 PM

lol i love the scion's front body mount. it is like a little skid plate. i could jump over the walls of my track lol.

zippo855 01-04-2009 06:21 PM

what i was told from a guy that owns an rs store was they were going to try to get the audi out for the christmas season, and one more unknown model in the "easter sells" as he called them. but if they couldn't get it out it was going to be released in the spring.

dccracing 01-04-2009 06:24 PM

I have not heard anything about an r8. but then again, i have not heard about any new xmods. where are you guys finding this information? i just can't figure it out. The worst part about it is it is probably really obveouse lol.

mr.hotrod 01-04-2009 09:11 PM

the guy at my radio shack on one end of town didnt even know what xmods were:lol: but clear on the other side of my purdy little martian city they said the r8 would come out and there might be a truck but this came from my aunt so i trust her kinda:D
here is some tangable conformation
http://www.answers.com/xmods

vietnamezerice 01-21-2009 04:05 PM

i don't think the gtr sits too high..lolz seems like a good height to me... however my Lancer Evo i can't argue there... haha

taiwanesekid05 01-21-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA (Post 203366)
The Scion's Hieght was a freaking 4X4 ... Redesign? Sign me up

DIY body kits XD
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/4975/img0027vu9.jpg
The stupid putty was too weak so it cracked off while I was driving it :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.hotrod (Post 203962)
here is some tangable conformation
http://www.answers.com/xmods

I hope you are aware most of the stuff there (and on Wikipedia) is information I pulled off of XMS and put onto Wikipedia...

Skv012a 01-23-2009 01:12 AM

Are new Streets even selling that well? They only rereleased 3 upgrades and at horrendous prices since the relaunch. This makes me wonder if they'll continue or even discontinue the line after the first batch.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 01-23-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skv012a (Post 208259)
Are new Streets even selling that well? They only rereleased 3 upgrades and at horrendous prices since the relaunch. This makes me wonder if they'll continue or even discontinue the line after the first batch.

They did it to themselves. I think they would have sold better if they would have gave us what we wanted when they first re-launched. You know like ALL the upgrades, and not did that stupid fixed crystal crap. Also if they would have maybe 1 truck and another car or 2. Instead of 2 hop-ups, WHAT are they thinking, The whole reason everybody loved Xmods was the fun of upgrading them, They might as well just be another one of their crap RC cars they have had for 30 years.

nw~hummer 01-23-2009 03:17 AM

i want another truck to come out

Skv012a 01-23-2009 04:53 AM

XXX, agree completely. I got and tanked over 100$ into my Gen 1 solely because they had EVERYTHING for them back then. You name it, they sell it. Wonder what @#$% planned this relaunch...

DRFTKO 01-23-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skv012a (Post 208259)

They are not selling too good around here. I have been to a handful of stores where they have sold one or two, but that is about it.