XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Projects (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   GT-R: Project "axis" (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15110)

XMODification 12-04-2008 08:43 PM

GT-R: Project "axis"

Hey Guys,
It's been awhile since i've done anything in a project form so I figure it's about time to do one :D .

This project is mostly cosmetic for now but eventually i'll be working on the chassis aswell. Here's a pic of what I got in mind to replicate or atleast make my GT-R look like:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/PC030170.jpg

Here's my victim, sorry I meant my GT-R body tha i'll be working with :bigwink: :

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...n/PA270005.jpg

That pic was before and this one is recently before I decided to do this project:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/PC030155.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/PC030160.jpg

And here it is now, all dissambled. I'll be masking everything off soon so that I can get started on sanding the body :

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/PC040194.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/PC040193.jpg

More updates to come soon guys, Thanks for looking!

SPR 12-04-2008 08:46 PM

im stoked! cant wait to see this, i know your going to turn out a quality job.

stangdude94 12-04-2008 08:47 PM

Looks good just ditch those lame wheels

cant wait to c more

momo 12-04-2008 08:47 PM

i like the spoiler choice to what i believe its from the STi but im not sure looks nice though:)

it also being yellow will be pretty cute

supraboi97 12-04-2008 08:55 PM

This will be pretty awesome when finished. But what is the hole for in the back where the lisence plate goes?

XMODification 12-04-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPR (Post 196889)
im stoked! cant wait to see this, i know your going to turn out a quality job.

thanks bro, it's been awhile so i'm abit rusty in the custom department -lol i'll do my best fo sho! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangdude94 (Post 196890)
Looks good just ditch those lame wheels

cant wait to c more

LOL - you know you want those wheels :p JK - yeah i'll be getting some to closely match those in the pic so those are gone indeed.:bigwink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by momo (Post 196891)
i like the spoiler choice to what i believe its from the STi but im not sure looks nice though:)

it also being yellow will be pretty cute

Thanks, the Suby spoiler is the closest one I could find that fits perfectly in the holes from the stock spoiler - less modification required to fit that one also. Yeah, yellow should be a cool color - it looks neat on the real deal :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by supraboi97 (Post 196896)
This will be pretty awesome when finished. But what is the hole for in the back where the lisence plate goes?

Thanks bro! That hole is just for a little something that i'm adding - like i mention before, it's mostly cosmetic (meaning i'll alter the appearance only since it's a replica):bigwink:

Thanks for the comment guys, i'm just about finish masking it off so i'll start sanding a stuff pretty soon. I'llbe taking my time on this one since it's been awhile but i don't plan on taking too long -lol. More to come soon :)

skim4food 12-04-2008 09:27 PM

looks like a pretty cool project! im thinking if want to keep my GTR stock or tweak with it some...meh ive got time haha

XMDrifter 12-04-2008 10:41 PM

those wheels aren't lame, they're aluminum, and they're the 3-spoke design like godfoot's GTR
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

TheB1GDude 12-04-2008 11:21 PM

OH yeah!! The X-Man is back.... can't wait to see this one finished....!

You gonna get yourself a little hottie to stand next to it?

dontspamme 12-05-2008 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheB1GDude (Post 196939)

He doesnt need to build one, I'll be the hottie for him :lol:

The detail on your GT-R looks good so far. As for the spoiler, not feeling the sharpied tips! Should turn out nice, like always. I'm keeping my eye on this one!

Skv012a 12-05-2008 05:22 AM

I like this idea, linked the old and the new. Hope you get pics of this one with the yellow R34 when finished.

firebird999 12-05-2008 08:09 AM

the car was already hotter than a summer day in hell. can't wait to see it finished.

HUMMER H4 12-05-2008 09:13 AM

Woot! WB, Nice if you can pull that off (which i know you can) ill pee on myself! :lol:

Btw was that Initial D?

EDIT: Matter-a-fact...Get that hottie on the mag to model for you. :lol:

amorton94 12-05-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMMER H4 (Post 196988)
Woot! WB, Nice if you can pull that off (which i know you can) ill pee on myself! :lol:

Btw was that Initial D?

duh of course that was initial d! but X i can't wait to see this one finished, i'm sure it will be added to my "awesomist xmods ever!!" list :lol: but then again, all your xmods are on my list!!! :lol:

ppericfe 12-05-2008 11:02 AM

love those wheels

lupinechaos 12-05-2008 01:19 PM

i agree; those are truly unique and yeah throwing the intial D anime truly cool cant wait to see this!

XMODification 12-05-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skim4food (Post 196910)
looks like a pretty cool project! im thinking if want to keep my GTR stock or tweak with it some...meh ive got time haha

I'll be getting another GT-R so that I can keep one stock too :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XMDrifter (Post 196934)
those wheels aren't lame, they're aluminum, and they're the 3-spoke design like godfoot's GTR

Yeah, they are ADVAN's, mostly used on Tuners and Drifters.:bigwink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheB1GDude (Post 196939)
OH yeah!! The X-Man is back.... can't wait to see this one finished....!

Thanks Bro! It's about time I get back into the game abit :D - btw, I might have to find a sexy 1/24th model for this one for sure!:nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontspamme (Post 196963)
He doesnt need to build one, I'll be the hottie for him :lol:

The detail on your GT-R looks good so far. As for the spoiler, not feeling the sharpied tips! Should turn out nice, like always. I'm keeping my eye on this one!

LOL, thanks dude! The spioler will be full black in the end, btw I hope you look good in a 2 piece bikini if you wanna model next to it when it's done - it will be required (jk) :p :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skv012a (Post 196974)
I like this idea, linked the old and the new. Hope you get pics of this one with the yellow R34 when finished.

Thanks, i'll try to do that for sure when it's done.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebird999 (Post 196985)
the car was already hotter than a summer day in hell. can't wait to see it finished.

LOL, thanks dude!

Quote:

Btw was that Initial D?

Thanks bro, I think the video is Intial D (if that's what you are talking about:-? ). I might just find a Hottie here in L.A. to model with it for me but we'll see ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amorton94 (Post 197006)
duh of course that was initial d! but X i can't wait to see this one finished, i'm sure it will be added to my "awesomist xmods ever!!" list :lol: but then again, all your xmods are on my list!!! :lol:

Thanks Bro! I'll do my best to get it done right :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppericfe (Post 197016)
love those wheels

thanks dude!

Ok guys, Just a small update - I already masked off everything and started on sanding the body. After that i'll lay down a few coats to get it started and i'll take a few pics to show you guys the progress. I'm also doing a few little minor mods so as to add the front canards - it should be pretty sturdy once I get done with 'em :nod:

More to come soon!

4G63punk 12-05-2008 07:45 PM

nice! is that the subie wrx spoiler? =]

Stampedekid 12-05-2008 07:59 PM

X-man is back with another project! I can't wait to see this one. Personally I'd do pink lol but yellow is nice too. Why pink...because pink would be different. You never know 'eh?

theoriganalRiD3R1967 12-05-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Btw was that Initial D?

Eww, that is disgusting.

Glad to see another project X, its been awhile i'm surprised it is't gonna be jacked way up, like a monster truck! jk

what are you gonna do about the windshield decal?