XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Misc Electric (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Mini-X (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17850)

deckerz 10-11-2009 05:04 PM

Mini-X

ok these may have come up before but they seem pretty clean.

you can buy the whole car for $75 from rc mart but im only interested in the chassis because the elecs are only a little better then xmods.

the chassis alone is $22 which is a bargin i think, comes with 2 ball diffs, motor, aluminium dog bones, a micro servo front case designed for this, you take the front case off say a hs-55 and replace with this one, oh and plenty of room for optional elecs by the look of things.

my only conserns with this are the body posts for this scale car which is 1/24 btw but can be removed. the second is the motor, it has a single shaft through the motor with a pinion on either end for AWD so unless you can find any motors like this id say if you upgrade the motor you will go RWD.

im going to get one of these for my super bee project.

comes with everything you see basicly.

LINK!

c1v1c 10-11-2009 06:34 PM

You could always chop them body post off and find a new mounting system.

And as for the motor, you can always get it rewinded by redsxmodder or someone else and it'll be better than what it is stock.

Btw i heard the diffs are a bit weak so you might wanna get a couples extra.

winner 10-11-2009 07:00 PM

wow they look great! i'll highly consider buying one! btw the body's would probably fit the lextan body kits atomic used to make

sciontc333 10-11-2009 08:07 PM

they are cool, but looking at them they are $105 rtr. thats 6 cell and the stock esc.... i think it would be cool to buy just the $22 chassis and then throw a micro-t esc and servo in it, and then get some lipos,it would be fast and only about $60-$80 to get that if you got some deals it would be even cheaper. i think i might get one.

deckerz 10-11-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1v1c (Post 239745)
You could always chop them body post off and find a new mounting system.

And as for the motor, you can always get it rewinded by redsxmodder or someone else and it'll be better than what it is stock.

Btw i heard the diffs are a bit weak so you might wanna get a couples extra.

thanks, the body post unscrew just like a 1/10 car.

i might take the motor winding service into consideration.

GearHeadV8 10-11-2009 08:32 PM

Looks really cool I saw this awhile ago thought it was weird cause the motor had the single shaft lol. That was when I was younger and was like whaa.

Or you can do 2 motors? Just be cool like that yo...

TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 10-12-2009 12:46 AM

Yeah, me too. I saw this car alooooooong time ago. Maybe over a year or more. I considered getting one but decided they weren't worth it. But would be nice to add to the collection. If they would have went with somthing other then clear plastic I may have been more into getting one. I do like the posts and lexan though. Let us know what it's like if you get it.