XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beginner Questions (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Howdy (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23722)

Spade115 05-09-2020 08:30 PM

Howdy

figured I should, returning to Xmods. Have 2 Evo cars and a Truck. Found them in storage. Battery trays on cars are junked and the truck is still good. Works and everything excelt does not turn. Need to take it apart and see whats up with it.

Hope to learn a lot. Was originally interested in jlining because I saw someone wanted to make their own Lexan Stencile/Stilleto chassis since the oem manufacturer who made them closed long ago.

Always trying to learn new things.

Happy to be here

Spade115

DRFTKO 05-10-2020 04:29 PM

Hi Spade! Happy to see you are coming back to the XMODS world! Also welcome to Xmodsource! Not a lot happening these days, but some of us do come around whenever we have a chance!

Spade115 05-10-2020 05:47 PM

Awesome!

I messaged two people regarding Evo frame mods.

I got my teuck running (only pne NOT stored with batteries..) and disassembled my 1/10 for roughly the same reason 😭 fruck goes forward and back, there is a buzzing in the front and wont turn right or left...

Wish I had stored them better...or at least checked on them sooner.

DRFTKO 05-11-2020 07:40 PM

Have you checked the gears for any binding? Also the tie rod.

Spade115 05-12-2020 01:13 AM

Not yet, was taking it apart and got called to do something so put it back.together, then decided to strip my HPI (so sad...) and boxed it up in pieces, ordered.an aluminum battery tray for the truck. Bought two good stock battery trays for the Evo cars off a FB member. Planned to work on the truck today but just got home a bit ago. So tomorrow is the plan to strip the front and see whats happening. It makes a buzzing sound, so im hoping its just binding or something.

Spade115 05-19-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRFTKO (Post 277270)
Have you checked the gears for any binding? Also the tie rod.

So i finally got time to take it apart, front gears look good, it seems to be pulling to the righr, righr away. Not sure what it is. Going to see if a different controller crystal will work.

DRFTKO 05-19-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 277272)
So i finally got time to take it apart, front gears look good, it seems to be pulling to the righr, righr away. Not sure what it is. Going to see if a different controller crystal will work.

Try switching the tie rod if that does not work.

Spade115 05-20-2020 02:03 PM

I swapped from the #3 Tie rod to the #1 and now it turns but dosnt seem to have a wide turn and gets stuck facing right on occasion. Also removed the battery tray off my Evo Car chassis, soldered a new on and threw on batteries and it worked until the connection broke. Lol

Going to see what I can do now

Thank You!

DRFTKO 05-20-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 277274)
I swapped from the #3 Tie rod to the #1 and now it turns but dosnt seem to have a wide turn and gets stuck facing right on occasion. Also removed the battery tray off my Evo Car chassis, soldered a new on and threw on batteries and it worked until the connection broke. Lol

Going to see what I can do now

Thank You!

You're welcome!

I am stumped at this point; hopefully someone else may be able to chime in and give you additional information!

XMDrifter 06-19-2020 08:53 PM

Check your servo wire connections and your potentiometer. those wires need to have pretty even resistance for it to turn left and right similarly.

you may have binding in your knuckles as well, disassemble, clean, and then put some dry graphite powder lube onto pivot points (don't use conventional oil, it'll cause the plastic to crack)

InsolentMinx 06-25-2020 02:59 PM

Welcome! :)
New here too!

Justinjanes42 12-15-2020 12:24 PM

hey there i know this may be a dead post but just looking for active people