XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMS Competition Archives (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   February 2010: "Open Class" Discussion Thread: (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18513)

TheB1GDude 02-02-2010 01:15 PM

February 2010: "Open Class" Discussion Thread:

Please leave any discussion about the February 2010 Open Class COTM for this thread and this thread only. Any discussion within the entry thread will be deleted.

Howlsatmoonlight 02-02-2010 05:50 PM

I will sweeten the deal by donating to the winner a 2004 Mustang body and body kit still in package, tire upgrade kit in package, any body from my RC Garage (including customs) except for the 65 mustang, which was a gift from my wife, and my first XMod. I will also give the winner an Evo or Gen 1 chassy, their choice.

I will also include a stage 2 motor upgrade for the chassy, as well as any spare parts/body kits I have for that body. If on the off chance I win, the prize will go to second place.

bnR34 02-02-2010 05:59 PM

i guess i just got the motivation i needed to start project widebody supra drift...

mycrors4 02-02-2010 07:04 PM

hmm, just out of curiousity, are we aloud to change our car after we have submitted one lets say, i enter a skyline, if i decide to change it to my civic, can i change it?(before the ending time period ofcourse)

BART 02-02-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 249170)
hmm, just out of curiousity, are we aloud to change our car after we have submitted one lets say, i enter a skyline, if i decide to change it to my civic, can i change it?(before the ending time period ofcourse)

Why not just avoid confusion and drama and not enter either until you are sure of what you want to enter.

mycrors4 02-02-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BART (Post 249171)
Why not just avoid confusion and drama and not enter either until you are sure of what you want to enter.

just a question that has been haunting me lol im not gonna change it, it just haunts me every single time i see one of these comps, never had the courage to ask, cause it is pretty silly, and makes you seem unserious

BART 02-02-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 249172)
just a question that has been haunting me lol im not gonna change it, it just haunts me every single time i see one of these comps, never had the courage to ask, cause it is pretty silly, and makes you seem unserious

Well, there will be future comps:) If you dont win this one, try to figure out where you went wrong and correct for it on the other car for the next one. Good luck.

Howlsatmoonlight 02-02-2010 10:11 PM

I have a question about the competition also. How much modification can be done and it still be called an 'XMod'? A project I have in mind for the competition would require multiple motors and boards, heavy chassy modification, reworking the steering servo, etc. It would still be mostly XMod electronics and motors, but the chassy would in no way resemble a traditional chassy when I am done.

So to sum it up, is it still an XMod if the electronics have been 'Frankensteined' together, with a scale model body? No biggie if not, I just want to clear it up before I begin work, or start a new project instead ;)

mycrors4 02-02-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howlsatmoonlight (Post 249186)
I have a question about the competition also. How much modification can be done and it still be called an 'XMod'? A project I have in mind for the competition would require multiple motors and boards, heavy chassy modification, reworking the steering servo, etc. It would still be mostly XMod electronics and motors, but the chassy would in no way resemble a traditional chassy when I am done.

So to sum it up, is it still an XMod if the electronics have been 'Frankensteined' together, with a scale model body? No biggie if not, I just want to clear it up before I begin work, or start a new project instead ;)

have u seen B1G's B1g R1g? i wouldnt consider that to be anywhere NEAR an xmod, (no offence B1G it is meant in a good way)
IMO i say yes, but not sure bout what the mods will say

dreamingISdrifting 02-02-2010 10:17 PM

well considering it's OPEN CLASS doesn't that mean you can pretty much enter anything that is 1/24-1/28 scale?

mycrors4 02-02-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting (Post 249189)
well considering it's OPEN CLASS doesn't that mean you can pretty much enter anything that is 1/24-1/28 scale?

to me open class means, if ti works with a radio system i can enter lmao, but i wanna try my xmod at it right now

Howlsatmoonlight 02-02-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 249192)
to me open class means, if ti works with a radio system i can enter lmao, but i wanna try my xmod at it right now

Sounds logical, but then 'Open Class' could just mean the body can be anything you like. I just don't want to invest the time then find out my entry was invalid ;)

mycrors4 02-03-2010 07:17 PM

dang, forgot that i have my rc18 for a sec, been put away so long i havnt been seeing it,
hopefully next comp will be open class too or the one after that, i like open class lmao, either way my shelfqueen should stand pretty close next to that sexy propulse :lol:
would be crazy if i win tho, that propulse is pretty friken sweet with those rims and that body

TheB1GDude 02-03-2010 08:21 PM

Open class means any scale RC vehicle that isn't stock, i.e. if you have a custom heli you can enter that... I threw my ProPulse into the mix.

mycrors4 02-03-2010 09:17 PM

i know i know, i had forgotten bout my rc18 though.. if i hadnt forgotten, i woulda entered it

KITT222 02-03-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheB1GDude (Post 249278)
Open class means any scale RC vehicle that isn't stock, i.e. if you have a custom heli you can enter that... I threw my ProPulse into the mix.

That means if I wanted to I could enter my 1/10th scale Slash?

TheB1GDude 02-03-2010 09:59 PM

Sure as long as it isn't stock :)

The point of an open class is to get as many people as possible to enter, have a fun comp and ramp up everyone's excitement for the next one....

TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 02-07-2010 05:15 PM

I am very disturbed about a pro-pulse or any other non Xmod in the open class COTM thread... It just turned me off to my favorite comp... It has for as I always rememeber it... Xmods, modded to any degree, and most of the confusion about what makes it an Xmod was already brought up in past COTM discussion threads... any NON Xmod should have a totally seperate Comp. I am very turned off now to this comp.. And no offense Big, I love the Pro-pulse... but the point is to encourage Xmod builds, and whats the point, if any scale can enter.... we just sent our hobby backwards, and we love to see those original Xmod builds in the Open Class COTM.... Im very sad right now...

TheB1GDude 02-07-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) (Post 249618)
I am very disturbed about a pro-pulse or any other non Xmod in the open class COTM thread... It just turned me off to my favorite comp... It has for as I always rememeber it... Xmods, modded to any degree, and most of the confusion about what makes it an Xmod was already brought up in past COTM discussion threads... any NON Xmod should have a totally seperate Comp. I am very turned off now to this comp.. And no offense Big, I love the Pro-pulse... but the point is to encourage Xmod builds, and whats the point, if any scale can enter.... we just sent our hobby backwards, and we love to see those original Xmod builds in the Open Class COTM.... Im very sad right now...

I have removed my entry and modified the rules to say that your entry must be an XMOD... I trust now that I have adjusted the competition so that it is more to your liking you will be entering something??? If you don't enter anything then the competition will revert back to the way it was as I know some members had an interest in being able to enter anything....

As for everyone else please pay attention to the new rules.... modified XMODs only for this open class competition.

trans_am_lover_79 02-07-2010 06:18 PM

Can an entry be a car that has been a project for awhile? I'm talking about my "project resurrecting civic". It's not completed yet, but IF I get it done in time, can I enter that?