XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Projects (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   how to make dually (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19028)

xModsdude2.0 04-21-2010 08:20 PM

how to make dually

Want a dually xmod like me? follow these simple instructions:
1.get 6 wheels (2 for front, 4 for rear).
2.install 2 front wheels.
3.take tires off of 4 remaining wheels.
4.intall one wheel on each side(without tires).
5.use electrical tape to tape one wheel to each rear wheel(which was installed in step 4).
6.slip the tires on OVER the tape.
7.your done!!! if you want front wheels dual, just repeat this for the front!
Note:even if you only modify rear wheels,you cant drive with the body.the wheels rub the fender.

dontspamme 04-21-2010 11:52 PM

I can see many faults with this tutorial, but it's a good effort none the less. Be sure to do this on a level surface cause if you tape them on a slightly different angle, it just won't work entirely. When you say slip the tire over the tape, does that mean slip it onto the inside rim ? Or just the outside ? We need pictures.

meme405 04-22-2010 01:24 AM

I got a good way too...

Glue two tires together... TADA!

On a more serious note, if you are not going to take making a tut seriously dont bother. Because without pictures this is stupid. And most people that want a dually dont want it for a performance aspect they want it for the look. So the fact that you cant have the body on at the same time makes this an epic fail...

xModsdude2.0 04-23-2010 07:50 PM

Ya, i admit that its not good without a body. And dontspamme, you slip tires on both rims after taped. Look at my pictures and you will see the finished products. xModsdude2.0. Also you could probably cut a little from the fender to make it work. You only have to take the body off because the tires rub.

winner 04-23-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xModsdude2.0 (Post 255821)
Ya, i admit that its not good without a body. And dontspamme, you slip tires on both rims after taped. Look at my pictures and you will see the finished products. xModsdude2.0. Also you could probably cut a little from the fender to make it work. You only have to take the body off because the tires rub.

what pictures? :-?

ravevolution 04-23-2010 08:57 PM

Haven't we learned yet that a tutorial/project thread without pictures is full of fail? :nodno:

I have to contest the validity of this tutorial, in the sense is this something the thread creator has done and just wants to share the idea? Or ripped it off some other forum? Or even just sniffed too much glue and came up with this idea? :eyecraz:

winner 04-23-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravevolution (Post 255826)
Haven't we learned yet that a tutorial/project thread without pictures is full of fail? :nodno:

I have to contest the validity of this tutorial, in the sense is this something the thread creator has done and just wants to share the idea? Or ripped it off some other forum? Or even just sniffed too much glue and came up with this idea? :eyecraz:

i agree.... i've noticed alot of newer members have been posting tuts like this....

ravevolution 04-23-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winner (Post 255827)
i agree.... i've noticed alot of newer members have been posting tuts like this....

I think we need to sticky or bring up some ground rules again when it comes to creating tutorial or project threads :nod:

winner 04-23-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravevolution (Post 255828)
I think we need to sticky or bring up some ground rules again when it comes to creating tutorial or project threads :nod:

sadly theres nothing "we" can do, but there has been some really detailed tuts out there without pics