XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   B/S/T Rules/Permission Changes (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12811)

bondo 04-17-2008 11:41 AM

B/S/T Rules/Permission Changes

After all of the *****ing and moaning,i added a new "Can Buy" usergroup.
regular members will not be allowed to even see the BST section until they have 50 posts.
once they meet that requirement they will be automatically added to the "Can Buy" group and will have access to post replies but will not be able to post threads.
i also lowered the requirement to sell to 100.
once you reach 100 posts you will automatically be added to the "Can Sell" usergroup and you will be able to post a for sale thread.

other changes that have gone into effect are as follows:

BST threads are to be staff moderated before they will be posted similar to the off topic threads.
your thread will be posted as soon as the staff has a chance to look it over to make sure you are following the rules.

also,when you have have found what your looking for or have sold what you needed to sell,you can close your own threads instead of asking a mod to do it.
this is the only section you are able to do this in.

stangdude94 04-17-2008 03:48 PM

so what you are saying is that i can now make a b/s/t thread??

i am just no sure

bondo 04-17-2008 04:09 PM

yup you should be able to.
if the software hasnt automatically added you to the "Can Sell" usergroup then let me know and i'll get it sorted ASAP.

stangdude94 04-17-2008 08:33 PM

ok kool i will try

imnotmikal 04-17-2008 08:38 PM

Maybe theres a flaw in the updates, or maybe I'm just loopy.
I went to one of my threads and noticed I can Move/Lock/Delete/Copy the thread. Have I always been able to do this, or is it new.
Oh yeah, I'm not talking about in the B/S/T, its in all sections.
I can't delete single posts though, just the whole thread.

stangdude94 04-17-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knvictd (Post 155799)
I went to one of my threads and noticed I can Move/Lock/Delete/Copy the thread. Have I always been able to do this, or is it new.

well then you are lucky i guess idk

Scionbeave 04-17-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knvictd (Post 155799)

i have always been able to do it since i can remember.

and bondo is there a section were you can view all the members that can create bst threads?

fordman239 04-18-2008 06:39 AM

i think these are somewat fair. like, no there is no need for noobs to post in b/s/t, but now they cant even pm you about something that you have for sale, so therefore its gonna hurt buisness a little bit, not much though. and most of the poeple that are on here are getting rid of their xmods, and nobody can buy them or even see them until 50 posts. but good job bondo, you elimated the probelm.

c1v1c 04-18-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordman239 (Post 155879)
i think these are somewat fair. like, no there is no need for noobs to post in b/s/t, but now they cant even pm you about something that you have for sale, so therefore its gonna hurt buisness a little bit, not much though. and most of the poeple that are on here are getting rid of their xmods, and nobody can buy them or even see them until 50 posts. but good job bondo, you elimated the probelm.

I guess they can always put what they need in their sig, So if you see some1 that needs something that you want to get rid off, shoot them a pm.

fordman239 04-18-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1v1c (Post 155888)
I guess they can always put what they need in their sig, So if you see some1 that needs something that you want to get rid off, shoot them a pm.

i guess that could work.