XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Modification (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bearings question (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7324)

RallyWRX 02-26-2007 02:11 PM

Bearings question

I just got my first pack of bearings from RS and I have a couple of questions. Are they supposed to come with grease on them? I hope I didn't get a returned pack that someone greased up if they're not supposed to be greased.
Next question, once I put them on, the wheels don't spin as freely, the wheel wobble is reduced a lot, but you can't flick the wheel and have it spin freely? Did I get a bad set or is this normal?

Oh yeah, they were discounted to $14.95 and I also get the Off road kit that is discounted to $9.95. Thats five bucks less on each. Now I need the motors to be discounted.

Drifty 02-26-2007 03:22 PM

I don't have bearings, but I want to get them.

Archon_Ramie 02-26-2007 03:25 PM

The one set of open bearings I got was slightly greased. When I only had RWD on my mustang the front wheels spun pretty freely but those were closed bearings.

RallyWRX 02-26-2007 03:27 PM

RS only sold the open ones, right?

modman54935 02-26-2007 04:45 PM

yes, they dont sell sheiled or ceramic

RallyWRX 02-26-2007 05:25 PM

The ceramics from atomicmods look cool but $50 is too much.

j_meneskie 02-26-2007 08:03 PM

One yes they are supposed to be greased. Make sure to wipe the grease they put on the axels before putting the Metal bearings; You will no longer need that on their because that was for the stock bushings. Also the ceramic bearings are well worth the $50 because of the amount of friction they get rid of. The reason you got them at a disscounted price i think is due to RS trying to get rid of the EVO line to make room for the new line coming out later this year. Thats my guess on that anyways. :D :D :D

RallyWRX 02-26-2007 08:44 PM

I think your right. I don't know if you saw my thread, but I emailed RS about the future of Xmods and the response was "Stay Tuned" and that to me says that there will be new xmods coming out sometime.

j_meneskie 02-26-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyWRX (Post 75878)
I think your right. I don't know if you saw my thread, but I emailed RS about the future of Xmods and the response was "Stay Tuned" and that to me says that there will be new xmods coming out sometime.

My guesstamite(?) would be June or July of this year. i can't wait i am going to buy like three of them as soon as they come out.:D :D :D

Nissanshift350 02-26-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyWRX (Post 75672)
RS only sold the open ones, right?

yeah they only have open bearing and the grease is normal its all normal infact. they may spin slower whe u just flick the tire but when u drive the xomd its gonna be smoother ride with less friction

Nissanshift350 02-26-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j_meneskie (Post 75854)
One yes they are supposed to be greased. Make sure to wipe the grease they put on the axels before putting the Metal bearings; You will no longer need that on their because that was for the stock bushings. Also the ceramic bearings are well worth the $50 because of the amount of friction they get rid of. The reason you got them at a disscounted price i think is due to RS trying to get rid of the EVO line to make room for the new line coming out later this year. Thats my guess on that anyways. :D :D :D

if there was a new linup of xmods they would not sell the parts on discount just the starter sets, i dont think they will make anymore xmods. i think radio shack is diverting there atention to the pro pulse series

ferrarip4.5 02-26-2007 09:57 PM

what are pro pulse?

DRFTKO 02-26-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarip4.5 (Post 75954)
what are pro pulse?

this should help some:

http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...o%20pulse&sr=1

RallyWRX 02-26-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nissanshift350 (Post 75913)
if there was a new linup of xmods they would not sell the parts on discount just the starter sets, i dont think they will make anymore xmods. i think radio shack is diverting there atention to the pro pulse series

You could be right, however the differences in the Gen 1 line compared to the Evolution line caused the need to liquidate all Gen 1 upgrades as well as starter kits. I'm betting on a new chassis because Xmods has been an incredible seller for Radio Shack.

ferrarip4.5 02-26-2007 10:37 PM

only come in buggy and truck?

RallyWRX 02-26-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarip4.5 (Post 75989)

Yeah but they sell a couple of different body upgrades you can buy. There's a red one and something else in addition to the stock Blue Truck and Green Buggy. I might get one if they go on sale.

DRFTKO 02-26-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarip4.5 (Post 75989)

as far as I know, they may end up adding more to the line as time goes on and the product catches on more and gains more popularity

ferrarip4.5 02-26-2007 10:56 PM

a car would be sick

BlackSky909 02-27-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarip4.5 (Post 76007)
a car would be sick

Not really, its an offroad vehicle a car body wouldnt look right. And I dont think they are making propulse like street cars. Just those offraod buggy things.

THE EDJ 02-27-2007 02:16 AM

bearings to propulse? haha interesting. anyways, bearing seem to help quite a bit. shielded are great, and ceramic are best, but in the end im not sure its worth the little amount of performance for the big price. i only have open bearings in my xmods, and havent had any troubles at all.